Shanghai Disneyland theme park will reopen to the public on May 11, Shanghai Disney Resort announced today.
During the initial phase, the park will operate with limited attendance, require advanced ticketing and reservations, and accommodate social distancing in queues, restaurants, ride vehicles and other facilities throughout the park. Also, it will increase frequency of sanitization and disinfection.
Tickets will be sold via the resort’s official online channels and official travel partners beginning at 8am May 8, with a limited number available each day during the initial reopening.
The majority of Shanghai Disneyland’s attractions, rides, some shows and shopping and dining locations will resume operations on May 11, with controlled attendance.
Some interactive attractions and experiences, such as children's play areas, and theater shows will remain closed. Parades and nighttime spectaculars will also return at a later date.
But a special Disney character procession, Mickey and Friends Express, will take place several times daily, and the Enchanted Storybook Castle will come to life with light and music at dusk each day with Evening Magical Moments.
Beloved Disney characters will appear in the park in a new way, as they make appearances in each of the themed lands, greeting and welcoming everyone back to Shanghai Disneyland. Close interaction and close-up photos with characters will be suspended.
Guests can check the availability of attractions and entertainment through the resort’s official website and app.
The frequency of sanitization measures will be increased in order to augment the standards of cleanliness already in place throughout the park, and hand sanitizers will be available at attractions, restaurants and stores.
Visitors are required to follow requirements below:
1. Purchase dated admission tickets prior to their arrival, as on-site sales will not be available. Annual Pass holders must make a reservation for their visit date and time through Shanghai Disney Resort’s official online channels before their visit. During this Advanced Reservation Period, General Admission tickets for Shanghai Disneyland will not be accepted.
2. Provide basic personal information for each guest visiting the park, including name, phone number and ID number, via Shanghai Disney Resort’s official online channels after purchasing a ticket and prior to arriving at the resort. A Shanghai Disneyland Reservation QR Code will be provided after the successful submission of the required identification information, and guests will be required to present the code before entering the theme park.
3. Show the health QR code upon entering any location at Shanghai Disney Resort. Only guests with a green code will be allowed admission.
4. Be prepared to present a Chinese ID card, or valid travel document, for each guest at the park turnstiles (photos or printed copies will not be accepted).
5. Undergo temperature screening procedures upon arrival.
6. Wear a face mask during the entire visit to the resort except when dining.
Editor: Liu Qi
Tip: Hassle-free Shanghai Guided Tours recommended by Shanghai Private Tour during the COVID-19
Due to safety concerns over the Covid-19 virus, Shanghai Private Tour hand-picked some Shanghai City Tour with the Shanghai Dysney Land Park as below for your reference to make sure that you will travel safely during Covid-19 in Spring. We provide Shanghai Dysney Land Park Tickets Booking Service and Car Rental Service as well.
Shanghai Vacation Packages: 2-Day Shanghai Family Tour & Disneyland Park Tour from US$140 P/P (The Bund, Shanghai Tower, French Concession, Old Snack & Food Street, Disneyland Park)
Shanghai Tour Packages: 4-Day Magic Tour with Disneyland Park from US$247 P/P
(Shanghai Museum, Yuyuan Garden, Nanjing Road, The Bund, Shanghai Disney Park, Zhujiajiao Water Town)
Shanghai 1 Day Tour: Shanghai Family-Friendly Day Tour of Disneyland Park from US$67 P/P
(Shanghai Disneyland Park)
* Safe travel with us druing the COVID-19 pandemic
* Local Tour Provider, NOT the Third Party.
* We Know Hangzhou Better. We can offer Lowest Price Guarantee
* Free Cancellation Up to 24 Hours in Advance
* Satisfaction guaranteed trip plan to deeply connect with the people and culture
* Private Guide with 5+ years guiding Experience
* Professional Driver with 10+ years driving Experience
* 24/7 fully backed up by professional team
* Reply within 24 hours
1 to 1 tailor-made service from our professional travel advisors for the most sophisticated
Constantly excellent reviews for attraction, hotel and service Competitive price
Local experts provide quality tours Best selected knowledgeable local guides Authentic local restaurants
7*24 hours available to create you a worry-free tour. No Hidden Fees and absolutely no pressure to buy. Secured