Putuoshan Island has been called "A Botanical Garden on a South Sea Island". If you want to travel to Putuo Island from Shanghai in hassel-free, this 2 Days Putuo Island Buddism Pilgrimage Tour From Shanghai is perfect for you. Follow your personal guide, discover the highlights of Mount Putuo without logistical hassle, moreover, you'll have chance to get a deep touch with Chinese Buddhism.
Duration: 2 Days, 1 Night
Purple Bamboo Forest, Puji Temple, Huiji Temple, Mountain Putuo,Tianyige Pavilion, Tianhou Temple
Your Shanghai hotel (based on your requirement)
Your Shanghai hotel (based on your requirement)
Absolutely! (Tell us your specific requirements in the inquiry)
Cash,Wire,Paypal,WesternUnion, Wechat, Alipay
Available: Daily(B-Breakfast, L-Lunch, D-Dinner)
Mount Putuo is one of China’s four holy Buddhist mountains. Covering an area of 12.5 square kilometers, it is located off the cost of Zhejiang Province, and is one of the Zhoushan Islands. Legend has it that the goddess Guanyin once appeared here, and in her honour the island has become a point of pilgrimage for Buddhists from across China. Temples, monasteries and nunneries can be found throughout the island, both on the mountain and overlooking the many coves and beaches. The serenity of this island is a true delight to behold, making this a restful destination for a short break.
Pick you up at your Shanghai hotel (based on your requirement) with a welcome sign "Shanghai Private Tour".
Our Shanghai Pick up Sign" Shanghai Private Tour"
Set off on the trip to Putuoshan which is about 3.5 hours' driving away from Shanghai downtown. After arrival at Zhu Sha Jian of Zhoushan City, embark a ferry to Putuoshan, which will take about 15 minutes to get to Putuoshan Dock. Disambark the ferry to check in your hotel. You will visit the highlighs in Putuoshan as below:
- Purple Bamboo Forest: Purple Bamboo Forest is located at the foot of Meitan Mountain. Although the purple bamboo isn't as exciting as it sounds, there is a little temple worth seeing. There is also a thousand armed, thousand eyed Guanyin inside.
- Puji Temple: Located at 12.5 kilometers west of Yongji County, Puji Temple is one of the three most famous temples in Putuo Mountain as well as one of the best-preserved temples in China. It has a history of about 1200 years and can hold up more than 1000 people at the same time.
- Mountain Putuo: It is located about 100 sea miles east of the Hangzhou Bay, Zhejiang Province. It is a small island among the Zhoushan Island complex, which covers an area of 12.5 square meters. It is long and narrow with a north-south length of about 8.6 kilometers and east-west width of 3.5 kilometers. Foding Mountain, the highest part of the island, has a height of 283 meters above sea level. The Putuoshan Mountain is surrounded by the sea with charming and gentle landscape. Quiet, fantastic and unique, it is reputed as “the first pure and clean place in man's world". Stay in Putuoshan.
Lastly, get back to your Shanghai hotel (based on your requirement). The rest of today is free for you to have dinner and walk around.
After breakfast, continue your visit in Putuoshan to see the highlights as below:
- Tianyige Pavilion: The Tianyige (TYG) Library is the most ancient private library still in existence in China. It is also the oldest private library in Asia and one of the three earliest private libraries in the world. It was built between 1561 and 1566 by the Defense Minister Fan Qin during the Ming Dynasty. TYG witnessed the glories and the turmoil of the Ming and Qing dynasties, war, revolution, and numerous social changes and its own triumphs and downfalls.
- Tianhou Temple: Thean Hou Temple is located at the junction part of Yuyao River, Fenghua River and Yong River. It was built in 1853 and known as Guide Hall of Qing’an at that time. Merchants used to negotiate trade here and it is also the place where people worship the Goddess Matsu.Drive back to Hangzhou in the afternoon and your Putuoshan tour ends.
Drive back to Your Shanghai hotel (based on your requirement) in the afternoon and your Putuoshan tour ends.
Price Per Person in US Dollars
Duration：6 - 8 hours
Attractions(Cities)：Yuyuan Garden, The Bund, Nanjing Road, Jade Buddha Temple, Old French Concession
Tour Style：Incredible Shanghai Highlights Day Tour is a fully guided tour for those who have just one day to see the best of Shanghai. Make the most of your time with your knowledgeable Shanghai Private Tour guide, see all top Shanghai attractions. With complete flexibility, follow this itinerary or create your own for a unique Shanghai experience. You'll get an insight into the city's culture, history, local lifestyle and future.
Duration：6 - 8 Hours
Attractions(Cities)：Yuyuan Garden & Bazaar, Jade Buddha Temple, Former French Concession, Boat cruise on the Huangpu River, Pudong New Area（Shanghai Oriental TV Tower, OPTIONAL）
Tour Style：If you only have one day in Shanghai, we highly recommend this one day tour in shanghai. This fully customizable tour particularly designed for first-time travelers to Shanghai touring traditional gardens, bustling shopping streets, historic buildings, and even to the top of a skyscraper with your knowledgeable guide. It will let you get an insight into its people, culture, history and the dynamic urban life.
Attractions(Cities)：The Bund, Boat Cruise on Huangpu River, Yuyuan Bazaar, Xintiandi
Tour Style：A Huangpu River Cruise has become a must activity when travelers visit Shanghai. Book this private city tour visiting the Bund in the night which represents the blending of ancient and modern influences, taking the Huangpu River Cruise to enjoy the stunning light view and the amazing architecture of the city. It's the best way to admire Shanghai's classic skyline view.
Duration：4 - 5 hours
Attractions(Cities)：Pick two or three attractions as you are interested
Tour Style：Want to see the top sights in Shanghai with a professional private tour guide? Then go on this half day Shanghai city tour that puts the power in your hands to decide what attractions you visit. Avoid lengthy itineraries of places that don't interest you. You can customized the tour entirely on your preferences and discuss with your guide for advice. Flexible on the start and finish time.
Attractions(Cities)：Lingering Garden, Panmen Gate, Hanshan Temple, Pingjiang Historic Street, Suzhou No.1 Silk Factory
Tour Style：Book this Shanghai to Suzhou Day Trip riding on a bullet less than 30 minutes, accompanied by your private guide, visit the winding canals, historical buildings, ancient street, classic Chinese gardens and much more on this private customized day tour to Suzhou. We will book the entrance tickets in advance to escape the crowds, let you jump the queue to make your trip comfortable and enjoyable.
(Your Privacy is Protected)
1 to 1 tailor-made service from our professional travel advisors for the most sophisticated
Constantly excellent reviews for attraction, hotel and service Competitive price
Local experts provide quality tours Best selected knowledgeable local guides Authentic local restaurants
7*24 hours available to create you a worry-free tour. No Hidden Fees and absolutely no pressure to buy. Secured